No matter where his audience tunes in from, Jathan loves introducing listeners to fascinating people from all walks of life.
From college broadcasts at the University of Cincinnati’s Bearcast Radio to professional gigs across the country on multiple stations for Townsquare Media, he’s devoted his career to discovering other people’s stories, celebrating their accomplishments, and introducing new ideas that change the way others see the world.
Here are some of Jathan’s favorite interviews from his time on news talk stations like WBSM in New Bedford, Mass. and KKYR in Texarkana, Ark., where he chatted up some of the most fascinating people on the planet.
- Allison Pataki introduces the empress time forgot
- Reset your mindset with soap opera star Sonia Satra
- James Grady’s favorite spy returns
- Charles Archer shares the secret to great leadership
When he wasn’t conducting interviews himself, Jathan produced segments for his team, including these gems with hosts like Phil Paleologos, Pete Braley and Kasey Silvia.
- Timothy Keller reveals how we can experience awe and intimacy with God (featuring Pete Braley and Kasey Silvia)
- Arin Andrews and Katie Rain Hill discuss their romance as transgender teens (featuring Phil Paleologos)
- Dr. Eben Alexander explains how science and religion prove the afterlife (featuring Phil Paleologos and Kasey Silvia)
- Dr. Alona Pulde shows us that food is medicine (featuring Phil Paleologos and Kasey Silvia)
- Nate Lang takes us behind the scenes of Whiplash (featuring Phil Paleologos and Kasey Silvia)
- Charles Graeber reveals the most prolific serial killer in history (featuring Pete Braley and Kasey Silvia)
- Liz Murray goes from homeless to Harvard (featuring Phil Paleologos)
- Gary L. Stewart discovers his father is the Zodiac Killer (featuring Pete Braley and Kasey Silvia)
During his college years, Jathan spent a great deal of time in the Jack and Joan Strader studio at Bearcast Radio. While his classmates were at games, on dates, in class or elsewhere, he worked tirelessly in the depths of Mary Emery Hall, sharing the stories and music that never ceased to enthrall him. Whether producing new shows, hosting his own programs, reading the news or introducing listeners to new grooves, he loved every moment.
As a journalist, he produced and hosted the award-winning talk show Jathan, where he interviewed politicians, doctors, actors, athletes, reporters, directors, best-selling authors and more.
Jathan’s passion for music launched two venues for smooth jazz and R&B. In 2006, Smooth Jazz Monday Morning eased commuters into the work week with upbeat, funky tunes that accompanied listeners to work and school during rush hour.
That same year, Jathan took to the airwaves again with Jade After Dark. This show ended every week with a heady mix of sultry smooth jazz and sexy R&B that ignited date nights and became a Friday night staple.
Although the shows no longer air on Bearcast, fans can still listen to a sample of Jathan’s work online. Simply click on the podcast below.
In this Jade After Dark podcast, For Someone I Love, Jathan turned his attention to the women of jazz who make the night a little more sultry with their passionate love songs and tender melodies. This set includes Gladys Knight, Dianne Reeves, Diane Schuur, Simone, Mindi Abair and Regina Carter.